It has been 6 months since I started embracing my hair in it’s natural state after being inspired by Yagazie Emezi and Temitope Adesina’s natural mane. Prior to this time, my hair was thin, unhealthy and it’s growth really inhibited. There was a sense that I needed to do something different urgently to get a different result. So for six months, I consciously refused to apply chemical hair straighteners to my hair and I watched my hair grow at a rapid rate (faster than my 7 years growth).
So far it has been a wonderful 6 months but not without challenges ranging from difficulties in finding products for my hair to sticking to a particular regimen. But through constant mistakes and corrections, I became sort of a pro. So I thought I should share with you guys my hair regimen.
- I always prepoo with coconut oil, honey, avocado, pear, sesame oil.
- After 45 minutes, I wash it off with Vo5 shampoo and conditioner.
- I deep condition with Henna Treatment Wax Deep Conditioner and wash with warm water to open my follicles. Occasionally, I dilute 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in with water and use to rinse my hair. It makes the hair really soft and helps in getting rid of dandruff [whether chronic or moderate].
- After that, I apply Natures Gentle Leave in conditioner in my damp hair.
- Then I seal with shea butter and coconut oil.
- Afterwards, I apply 3 drops each of eucalyptus oil, peppermint oil , tea tree oil and Jamaican black castor oil. [You can place your order by writing us on firstname.lastname@example.org, or follow us on Instagram @chiomazoe. We also deliver nationwide.]
- Then I spray some Cantu Coil calm detangler. My hair is still in it’s TWA stage (Teeny Weeny Afro). But I’m marvelled at how beautiful it looks.
I hope this post inspires someone to take up this challenge. Therefore, we will give out 2 bottles of Peppermint and Tea Tree Oil to 2 of our readers who are interested in growing and maintaining healthy hair. Let’s meet in the comment section.