Going natural has given me the opportunity to try out different hair regimes and arrive at the one that suits my 4c kinky hair type well. It took me months of trial and error, but do not fret because it’s just a phase.
Before taking the decison to go natural, first you need to know your hair type and study the natural hair products very well. Then focus more on achieving healthy hair and less on achieving longer hair (it will grow longer if your take good care of your hair and genes also play a huge part in hair growth).
Today I’m sharing with you how I prepare my homemade spritz which I use to hydrate my hair to avoid damaged ends.
1. Water. Water is very important to every natural hair. Some naturalistas hate using water because they fear shrinkage, forgetting that there is a correlation between shrinkage and healthy hair.
2. Coconut oil. It contains fatty acids and vitamins which help to nourish the scalp. It also acts as a shine enhancer and helps to fight frizz.
3. Peppermint oil. This essential oil stimulates hair growth. (See also USES OF PEPPERMINT OIL.)
4. Tea tree oil. It helps to fight dandruff. Also read USES OF TEA TREA OIL.
5. Sesame oil. It helps to darken the hair and acts as a shield which prevents the sun from damaging the hair. See also SESAME OIL FOR NATURAL HAIR.
6. Jamaican Black Castor Oil: JBCO stimulates the scalp and makes the hair to grow faster. Read also: PRODUCT REVIEW: JAMAICAN BLACK CASTOR OIL/PEPPERMINT OIL FOR FRONTAL HAIR GROWTH
1. Get a spray bottle of any size, add water depending on the size of your spritz bottle. I use 10 ml.
2. Add 5 drops each of Peppermint, Tea trea and Eucalyptus oil.
3. Add 1 teaspoon of Castor oil.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
5. Also add 1 teaspoon of Sesame oil.
Shake very well and voila! You have your homemade hair spritz.
Photo credits: google images