Bible Texts: Isiah 9:6; Ist Samuel 25:25; John 1:42
A name is more than a mere name, it is also a destiny. Name often symbolises the commission of the bearer. When Jesus was on earth, He changed the names of His disciples to suit their assignment like Peter whose name was later changed to Cephas(Stone).
FACTS ABOUT THE NAME OF JESUS
1. Calling the name of Jesus is like making an invocation.
2. The name of Jesus is full of wonders. It is permitted to release wonderful miracles whenever it is invoked (Philippians 2:8-11, Ist John 4:1-21.) Demons tremble at the mention of the name Jesus. Jesus gave us authority to use his name (Mark 16:7-18; John 14:13). There is no impossibility when the name of Jesus is mentioned (Luke 1:37). You don’t beg with the name of Jesus, you demand.
3. At the mention of the name of Jesus, counsel is released.
4. The name of Jesus equally releases Might.
5. The name of Jesus brings confidence in the place of despondency.
6. It also compels peace. Peace in the Bible means all round prosperity.
7. At the mention if the name of Jesus, Strength is released in the place of weakness.
THE BEGINNING OF THE NAME
The name of Jesus is an all purpose name for every believer. The name came by prophecy (Matthew 1:21).
The cardinal mission is to save all men from sin. ( Acts 4:12; Isiah 11:1-2). Jesus got his name by name by conquest (Hebrews 2:14-15) Also, Jesus got His name by inheritance and obedience (Hebew 1:4-5; John 6).
Prayer: Lord, as I invoke the name of Jesus, let every mountain before me melt like wax. Amen.
Rev Dr Bright Chibike is the founder of Dominant Throne Int’l church Awka where great armies are raised for Christ.