If you have been looking for a way to kill two birds with one stone, then this post is for you. Remember, 11 days ago, I launched a skin project: ‘Pamper your skin’ where we agreed to feed our skin with only natural products and wave a big goodbye to toxic skin products.
Today, I want to let you know that you can also use Jamaican black castor oil as a foundation primer and also to nourish your skin. That’s killing two birds with a stone!
But first,I am not trying to discourage you from using the regular foundation Primer but you must also know that most primers contains un-natural ingredients that you shouldn’t be putting on your face. So if you ever run out of primers, then this procedure should come handy.
Before, I share the tips with you, permit me to introduce Jamaican black castor oil to you.
This a carrier oil whose seeds are extracted using the traditional means (roasting, mashing, slow-boiling and pulverizing in a mortar) contains omega 9 fatty acid and has many health benefits. However for today’s post, we will concentrate on the benefits on our skin.
BENEFITS OF JAMAICAN BLACK CASTOR OIL ON THE FACE
1. It helps to treat acne. I once shared a post on how I got rid of my chronic acne with jamaican black castor oil, tomatoes and tea tree oil. You can read more about it here.
2. It can be used to delay aging and prevent wrinkles because it contains excellent emollient properties and is easily absorbed into the skin.
HOW TO USE JAMAICAN BLACK CASTOR OIL AS A FOUNDATION PRIMER
1. Wash your face with gentle facial wash. I use Visibly clear pink grapefruit facial wash by neutrogena and you can get it here.
2. Apply Jamaican black castor oil on your face and neck. This oil is very heavy and can make your face look greasy if you apply too much. Therefore, I will advice you to mix with pure coconut oil or apply very lightly on your face and neck. You can buy one, here
3. After the second process, then apply your makeup. This will give you a dewy look and will also create nice canvas for blush, bronzer and the overall makeup. Finally, it will give you a more natural look.
Have you ever used jbco as a foundation primer? Let me know in the comment section below.