According to www.merriam-webster.com, “Commandment is something that is commanded” . We are all familiar with the biblical Ten Commandments, which are set of rules one most follow in order to attain heaven.
Also in Skincare, we have commandments as well. These are basically the set of rules that every skincare pro knows and subscribes to. The good thing about these skincare commandments is that, they are very beneficial and will help you achieve your skincare goals.
They are as follows :
1.SUNSCREEN. Forget about everything you know about Skincare, if you don’t wear Spf daily, your skincare routine will be INEFFECTIVE! Wearing a sunscreen daily, protects your skin from photoaging and also from hyperpigmentation. If you want to dive in deeper into this topic, then read this post: THE BEST SUNSCREENS FOR ALL SKIN TYPES
2. ACTIVES. According to www.self.com, ” An active is the ingredient in a product addressing whatever skin concern it’s meant to target”. Discovering the best active for your skin type and skin needs will help you achieve the flawless skin you desire. For example Retinol is an active that can be used for anti-aging purposes. In my book, THE SKINCARE ROUTINE MANUAL, I talked about all kinds of Actives and how to incorporate them into your skincare regimen.
3. DOUBLE CLEANSE. According to www.dermastore.com, “Double cleansing is a method of cleansing your face twice: First, with an oil-based cleanser and again with a water-based cleanser. It can help remove stubborn, pore-clogging and acne-causing impurities that can remain on the skin even after washing your face once,” says Dr. David Lortscher, a board-certified dermatologist in New Mexico. “The benefit of double cleansing is that the first cleanser will break down any makeup, remove dirt and excess oils from the day and clean your skin. The second cleanser will address your particular skin type or concern and should have ingredients to hydrate, smooth or exfoliate and treat acne. Doing both steps will assure that any treatment and moisturizing is not done in vain,” adds Dr. Craig Austin, a board-certified dermatologist in New York and founder of Cane+Austin.
4. EXFOLIATION. This one of my favourite skincare routines. Exfoliation helps to get rid of the dead skin cells which accumulated over time because our skin sheds itself after some days. It should be done twice a week. After exfoliation, your skincare products will be able to penetrate deeper into the skin. There are different kinds of exfoliation, which I covered in my book, THE SKINCARE ROUTINE MANUAL. However, I also wrote a post on: WHICH AHA EXFOLIANTS DO YOU NEED
5. STAYING AWAY FROM THE SUN. All the skincare pros that I’ve spent time with, for example, my esthetician and dermatologist believe that you should stay away from the direct sun, if you want to maintain a youthful skin. Sun tanning is a no-no! It’s will age your skin overtime and may expose you to skin cancer called Melanoma and Actinic Keratoses.
6. VISITING AN ESTHETICIAN ONCE A MONTH. As I am writing this post, I am waiting at my esthetician’s lobby to get my skin done. It is a skincare tip, that I will give to everyone, whom I care about, because it has helped me tremendously in my skincare journey. Visiting an esthetician at least once a month will help you achieve radiant skin faster, because they will examine your skin and curate the best routine for you. They will also help you to fix skincare issues like eczema, acne etc. I made a post about Going to an esthetician : Yay or Nay?
7. EXERCISE. You need to exercise regularly if you want a radiant skin, because exercise helps our body to release toxins which are not good for our organs. The result of this, is a healthy glowy skin.
8. EATING FRUITS AND VEGETABLES. Yes, you read that correctly. This is what the skincare pros like Mirander Kerr does. They eat lots of healthy foods, which reflects on their skin.
9. FACE MASSAGES AND EXERCISES. This is a game changer y’all. Once you’ve mastered this tip, you’ll probably never need face fillers or Botox. You can use a jade roller every evening to do this. Also, you can massage your face using a face oil.
For the face exercise, I’ll recommend sucking in your lips like you are sucking a lollipop. As your lip is in this pout position, try to smile. It feels uncomfortable at first, but it helps to strengthen your cheekbones and prevent them from sagging.
10. DRINKING WATER. Water is an essential. Our body needs it to function effectively. If you drink up to 8 glasses of water daily, you’ll notice the difference overtime. Your skin will look plump and hydrated.
If you like enjoy reading this post, then make sure you subscribe to my newsletter to get updated, whenever I publish new informative posts!
Photo Credit : Google images